Thursday, November 8, 2007

Halloween Celebrations

For FHE on the Monday before Halloween the Teares invited us over to their house for pumpkin carving! As you can see, we carved the cutest jack-o-lanterns! Sarah even cooked a few of the seeds for me since I have never tried them and I loved it! We had a great time hanging out with Josh and Sarah!


On Halloween night (actually afternoon...) Ty and I volunteered at the Downtown Provo carnival. Well, I actually signed up and dragged Ty along with me, but he totally had fun. We decided to be a little bit boring and dress up as cowboys/cowgirls since we already had everything for it and we weren't going to a costume party or anything. I think our costumes ended up being pretty cute anyway...

At the carnival we were in charge of the turtle scooter race and handing out prizes. Here is Ty handing out cheap toys and games to the little kids. He was jealous of all of the fun that they were having and decided to pop in some Dracula teeth and take the scooter for a spin. I think it was a little small for him...

After that, our night was pretty lame. We both had papers to write. I totally wish I was still a kid and could have been out trick-o-treating! We haven't had any kids come to our apartment the last couple of years so this year I held back from buying bags of candy, but we actually had a group of boys knock on our door! I was really excited! So, I gave them the candy that we had been given at the carnival (I was lucky that we at least had that!) The next thing I know, I hear a loud splat and some yelling and laughing. I didn't even have to look outside to know what had happened! I ran out our door yelling "get back here you punk kids!! that was my jack-o-lantern!!" I was so mad because it was so cute and they ruined it! After I came inside I realized that I have officially become that old lady that finds the local teenagers to be a nuisance. Oh, man....I'm throwing a party next year, that cant happen again!

2 comments:

Josh & Sarah Teare said...

It sounds like you have a great time at the carnival. You both look great!! It is so sad about the pumpkin. :(
SARAH

the Varley Family said...

You guys are so cute! K, I'm so jealous you were in Huntington! That picture on Main street with the HSS bag in your hand makes me so jealous! Miss you guys!