Saturday, June 13, 2009

SCHOOL'S OUT

FOR THE SUMMER!!! Yesturday was my last day of school. It is an amazing feeling to have survived through my first year of teaching. I have had a funny mix of emotions this week. All week I have been so excited to have a break and to get rid of my wild students who can hardly sit still in their chairs this late in the school year. I just felt so DONE. That changed as I said goodbye each class, I felt sad to see them go. It threw me off because I really did not expect it. Then as I started packing up my room for the summer, I felt a great sense of accomplishment. Teaching has actually taught me a lot. I think as the year went on, I learned to have more confidence in myself and my abilities. I for sure learned a lot of patience! And I discovered a lot about myself as I could truly be myself in front of my students. In so many ways they are so innocent and non-judgmental.

My unknown status for next year has also caused a roller-coaster of emotions as well. I received a final layoff notice last week from the district and that was not fun. However, yesterday I spoke with our principal and he seemed very optimistic for me (and if you know Mr. Coupe, he is not generally very upbeat...) They just posted a full-time Health position that basically has my name on it. So, they didnt have me turn in my keys and I will find out in the next couple weeks if I for sure get my job back! I was so excited to hear this news! It made me realize that I really do LOVE teaching and would be so sad if I didnt get to do it next year.

Anyways, I know this has been a long, boring post, but what I'm getting at is that now that school is out I am back on the blog! A post about our trip down to AZ will soon follow!

1 comments:

Ryan said...

Not long and boring! It was great to hear your candid thoughts. Congrats on your accomplishment!