Saturday, February 20, 2010

Valentine's Celebrations

This year's 14 days of Valentine's Day was a bit more practical. Yes, there were a few days of candy and love notes, but I ended up mostly surprising Ty with a daily gift of necessity. Ya know the things that you need, but hate buying!? That's what I'm talking about. Some of these things included: running socks, under armor, a new tie, hair product, etc. The funny thing is, he was way more excited for these boring gifts than when I come up with something creative yet not useful.


Here are some of the more festive daily treats:

Cookie cake made by AVHS Catering Co.


Heart attack w/love notes (blurred out to keep from embarrassing Ty too much!)


Breakfast in bed: red waffles, yogurt and peppermint tea. This picture should have been taken before he got his hands on the food :)

Saturday Tyler surprised me with a massage! Just about every night I ask him to massage my feet, legs or back after standing all day. He has been a trooper and has worked out my kinks without complaint. I was so happy that he thought to send me in for a real massage! It was amazing!

That night he took me to a fancy dinner. It was the kind that comes in small courses and takes a couple hours. I love it when we aren't rushed and can just enjoy being together.

Since Valentine's Day was on a Sunday, we decided to pack a picnic and head to the beach for the afternoon. It was perfect! The drive was beautiful and we had some time to talk about names and plans for the baby. When we got there, we got to see the biggest waves I had ever seen! We sat in the sand, ate dinner, and watched the surfers and the waves.


We also saw this...
The cutest dog on the planet! We think it is a mini-english bulldog. Both Ty and I want a big, athletic dog eventually, but for some reason we have fallen in love with bulldogs. A few of our neighbors have them and they are just so cute in a goofy way. I almost agreed to getting a dog when I saw this miniature version of these adorable dogs! Key word: almost...baby first, then maybe a dog!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

You look adorable in that picture! I love all your Valentine's plans... looks like such a fun time.

I don't share your sentiment with bulldogs, however.

Ann said...

We need another belly shot! :)

ames said...

You are such a fun wife. I love the picnic at the beach so jealous. I love those dogs too.