Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Adelle's 12 month update

Here are Adelle's stats at 12 months:

Weight: 21 lbs. 14.5 oz. (64%)
Length: 30.5 inches (89%)
Head Circumference: 17 ¾ inches (50%)

Here's what she's up to…

She is a total fearless climber! She is already getting close to escaping from her crib. She can climb up and down the top cushions on the couch (not just where you sit, but the next level up.) She has made several attempts to climb our very unstable book shelves. It freaks me out so she doesn't get far. This girl is all over the place!

We've been loving our summer days at the pool! She is not afraid of the water in the least bit. I think my legs aren't this see-through white anymore. Sorry to scare you :)

She is constantly dunking her face in the water at the pool and in the tub. She comes up coughing, but thinks it's the best thing.
Shockingly, she still likes to be put in her Baby Bjorn. We take her on walks and hike the ridge with her in there. She is a very social girl and waves to everyone. It makes her day if we see a dog or two while we're out.

Still loves her smoothies, but hates her high chair. She's almost mastered using a spoon and fork (I get impatient with her and she gets impatient with sitting still, so she only gets about half way through and I take over.) She's also drinking cows milk and learning to like it. Still nursing morning and night, but I'm getting there.

LOVES her humidifier! Buttons are her favorite thing right now, and this has a big one! Anything with a button keeps her entertained for hours (phone, flip camera, iPad, remote, etc.) Too bad non of these are actually her toys! I didn't get a picture of it, but she knows how to unlock my phone/iPad! It's amazing how tech-savvy this generation will be!

She will sit and read her books all on her own. I love it when she brings me one to read to her. So cute!

Anyone who's been around Adelle knows this is her signature move. I like to think she'll be a yoga instructor someday :)

She is becoming more beautiful every day. She's got a lot more hair, but still not enough to be called a boy on occasion. She's got Daddy's gorgeous eyes and maybe Grammy's strawberry blonde hair. We'll see!

She loves her Daddy and blows him kisses when he leaves in the morning. She's not afraid to give tight squeezes, wet kisses and head butts. If I could have 10 kids just like her, I'd do it! She makes us so happy and is such a blessing in our lives!
Words she can say:

Mamma
Dadda/Daddy
Ball
Hi/Hey
Bye-bye
Thank you
Doggy
Uh-oh
(Bye-bye, thank you, and uh-oh all sound almost the same. We're working on differentiating :))

Words she can sign:

All done
More

6 comments:

Kirby said...

She is so darling, and so tiny compared to my tank!! I'm jealous that you can still pack her around in the bjourn. Beckett weighed just under 20lbs at his four month appt...he is killing me!! I can tell she is such a sweetheart, and that little "bend and snap" she has going on...just stop! Too cute!! Don't bother looking at my blog...I'm lame and way too far behind. :) We miss you guys!

Ryan said...

Love the yoga pose, I laughed out loud. So cute. I've heard her say DUCK! Add it to the list!

Kim Morley said...

I think we need to start working on kimmy more. and I felt like I deserved a paragraph for her 3rd favorite person.

Lynn Halladay said...

In case you didn't already know...she is beautiful!!! Happy birthday Adelle!! We miss you guys and seriously cannot wait to be living a little closer to your family!! Annabelle has picked out some euro style presents for A-dizzy's big bday.:)

Davis Family said...

I love these pictures! I was just reading your post and making Lyla's 12 month post...how did Lyla get bigger than Addie?! Oh how I wish that they could play together!!! Miss you guys!

Ann said...

Michelle-I don't know if Tyler told you, but I was working out with this darling girl at bootcamp yesterday and she asked me my last name. When I told her, she thought about it a minute and said, "Morley, Morley....do you know a Tyler Morley?" I said, yes. :) Turns out she knew both you and Tyler. Her name is Kayla and she is married to Blake. She said you also knew her younger sister, Tabitha. Anyway, she thought you guys were so fun!!! :)