Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tri For Fun - July

Anyone heard of this? It's called the Tri For Fun and that's just what it is. It's a sprint triathlon held once every month of the summer. It's not timed and no awards are given for the June, July and August races. Everyone is at a different skill level and come out just for the fun of it. We always plan to do all 4 races, but usually chicken out mostly because we're cheap and these races aren't :) This year Ty and his cuz, Daniel, did the July race. Here are the finishers! Don't they look great after such an intense workout!?


Dada's little cheerleader - well, kinda. Poor Adelle was snatched right out of her bed and rushed over to the race only to get there right as they finished. This is her "where am I and when can I get some breakfast?" face.

This is how low-key this race is. Here is what Ty and Daniel used as a transition station because the main section was too crowded. I love it.
Tyler, Kim (ty's sis) and I are doing the Tri For Fun this month (August) and the Tri For Real (this one is a real, timed race) next month. Last time I swam in this murky lake water I panicked the entire way. It makes me feel so claustrophobic or something! Having said that, does anyone in the area want to join us?

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

Hey Michelle! Jason would totally do it. We live in Campbell. Will you email me the info and I will see if we are around. ginnymariemiller@gmail.com

MaryAnn said...

I've been thinking about it.......I wish you lived closer to me!