Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Settling in

So, I decided to use my blog more for actual journaling rather than monthly updates on what Ty and I are doing. It will include that too, but a little more day to day detail. Hopefully it isn't to boring for anyone. Here it goes...

After today we will have been in Pleasanton for 1 week. It has been a huge change in lifestyle for us, but I think we are adjusting well. Tyler is absolutely loving his job and is learning a ton every day. I'm glad he has found something that he is so excited about. I spent last week getting us situated in the Morley's house. We are staying with Ty's mom and dad until we find a place of our own. It is really nice to not have to rush into anything and save some money at the same time. We are so lucky and the Morley's are so nice to put up with us.

Our first weekend here Tyler's boss gave us tickets to the Warriors game. Ty is a die hard fan and he was so pumped. Unfortunately, they didn't play as well as we would have hoped, but its all about the experience, right? We are going to try to do or see something new every weekend. There are so many cool things to do around here and I don't want to miss out. I will keep you posted on all of our weekly adventures.

I thought that yesterday was going to be my first day student teaching. I didn't feel anxious, but I must have been because I hardly slept Sunday night. It turned out that I was missing a few things to get clearance to teach. What I thought was going to be an exciting new start ended up being a frustrating day full of attempts to get through loopholes and make things work. It has really been a pain to student teach out of state. Luckily, I worked it out so that I can be a visitor on campus and observe until my paperwork goes through (hopefully that will only take a week) and then I can teach after that. So, today was my first day observing. I really like my mentor teacher, Diane Kratz. I really got lucky with her. She is so organized and on top of things and wants to do anything and everything to help me succeed. She is very good with her students and I can tell that I will learn a ton from her. I am so excited about it!

4 comments:

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

Michelle!! It was so fun to hear from you. I'm glad we finally got around to getting a blog because it's so fun to get updated on everyone. You and Ty look like you're having so much fun! You guys are such a great couple. We miss hanging out with you guys. Hope everything is going really well for you. We all need to plan a trip some time soon!
Linds

Jake and Lynn said...

okay so I think that using your blog as a journal is a great idea because then you can go to that one website and have all your blogs bound and made into a book! Plus we get updates on what's going on in your lives.
How crazy is it being out of Provo. I remember just being so caught up in the change of pace and schedule of life. Sounds like you guys are adjusting well. Jake told Ty that we might come see you two before the baby comes, but apparently my husband doesn't understand that it is way to late in the game for me to travel that distance. No worries though we are going to come up and see the sights of San Fran. Talk to you soon!!!

Andrea said...

Oh my dear Michelle. If anyone understands the woes of student teaching logistics, it is me. The horror stories I could tell you. Let's just say this, I have officially graduated and am STILL dealing with crap from the education dept. Just be sure to take the Praxis in your minor - apparently it's a requirement even if you don't plan to teach in your minor, in the state of Utah or even teach period. If you ever need to vent, I'm here. I'm considering burning down the secondary ed building.

ames said...

Michelle,
I am excited to read your journaling I am thinking of doing the same on my blog. I am excited to hear about your all your adventures at Amador. I hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks.