Friday, May 16, 2008

Back to 4th grade for the day...

Being a substitute teacher is one of the best jobs I have ever had! Today, I was filling in at Fairlands Elementary School for Mrs. Hansen (yes Christine, I had Jake and he is so stinkin cute!) I dont think I could ever handle being a permanent elementary teacher, but I loved it for the day! 4th graders think that they are so old and mature! I totally remember feeling so big at that age. Its so fun to teach different ages every day and see how different they are. Its also nice not to have any work to bring home or prep to do for later. The job's only downfall is that you dont get a chance to build a relationship with the kids. On the other hand, its great not to have to come back to those kids that are particularly hard to handle!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I ADORE subbing. And once u sub enough at a particular school, you do develop relationships. Plus, you will get labeled "The cool sub" It's good for the ego.

ames said...

I don't think I could handle elementary school, but I bet they loved you. I have great memories of Fairlands.

Christine said...

I was SOOO HAPPY hearing that you were his sub! Thanks for being extra sweet to him!

I think you should sub at Foothill just to FREAK your husband out! Go Falcons!!!