I am applying for a teaching job for next school year and the online application is quite the process! I basically have to give a complete history of my life. It asks for three letters of recommendation so I asked my student teaching supervisor, mentor teacher, and an old professor from BYU. Two of them got it to me super quick and I was able to complete my application online and save it. But, I couldn't submit it yet because I was waiting for the third letter. I wrote a few polite emails and left a couple messages reminding this person to get that letter to me. A week went by and I went back to my online application only to find that it had been deleted! I guess if it has no activity in 7 days, it gets deleted! SO annoying! STILL no letter! I went back and started this arduous process over, trying to remember the brilliant short answers that I came up with last time and the addresses of all of the places that I have lived in the past 8 years. Finally, again, it was done and saved. I spoke with the letter slacker on the phone and she said that she would have it to me very soon...that was last week...and I just realized that it has been another 7 days and STILL NO LETTER! ahhhh! Now, I have to redo my application AGAIN! But, my real dilemma is....how do I say to my supervisor "I need my letter of recommendation NOW!" without irritating her to the point of writing me a bad letter?
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You should have asked me for a letter, I would have written up something really spiffy about what a hard worker you are and how smart you are and stuff. I'll try not to be offended that you didnt think of me first. Seriously though your taking tennis lessons! Can you please video tape them so I can get a good laugh later? Nothing brings a smile to my face like the good old times in Richmond. Anyway take care and keep in touch~
That has got to be so frustrating. Have you let her know about your deadline yet? I'm sure she'd have nothing bad to say about you and she is probably just busy with all the end of the year stuff so I'd just tell you have a dead line and she's the last one you are waiting for. Good luck!
Post a Comment