I know, I should probably be focusing on what Verteran's Day really is, but today I'm celebrating that it means a DAY OFF SCHOOL! This holiday is way overdue. I seriously needed a day off so bad! Right now it is 11:30am and I am still in my PJ's! Of coarse, I cant sleep in anymore (so sad...) so I've been awake, but I am loving the fact that I can have a lazy, relaxing morning with no where to be!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I missed having the day off! I did for so many years. I wish I was still teaching school! I'm so glad you are!
My Veteran's Day was too busy -- I was sad because I usually strive to use these patriotic days to actually spend even a LITTLE bit of time remembering the sacrifices of soldiers and forefathers who gave their lives (and, in some cases, much MORE than their lives) so that I CAN sit around and be lazy on a holiday. I was hoping to get some time to watch an old WWI film (Veterans Day is also the anniversary of the end of the first World War), but ended up getting too occupied.
Ironic that they spent countless, sleepless nights in a jungle or on a beach or in a trench wondering if they will see their families again, watching best friends tortured and mutilated... and I can't put down a project for 2 hours to thank them for it.
We totally need to catch up!! I love these days! It's so nice to just have a break from everything.
And about the names.. we like Brady but aren't 100% on anything yet.
How sad is this? I forgot it was Veterans Day until Sadie reminded me by drawing a picture/letter for Bryce. Otherwise I totally forgot. So we went out to dinner to celebrate their "hero dad".
I'm glad you got a nice day off.
Post a Comment