Thursday, January 14, 2010

alright...i'm back

as terrible as i am about keeping up with blogging, i'm giving it another try. now that we've got a new addition to the morley family on the way, i'm wanting a little bit more documentation of this whole process called pregnancy.


the babe is now the size of my open hand, but i have long hands so maybe thats not very accurate. i've also heard it compared to an onion at this stage of the game: 17 weeks. i know, i'm blogging a bit late about all of this but here is a brief synopsis of the past 17 weeks...

weeks 1-3: anxiety. i'm thinking, did all of the treatment work? i'm probably just setting myself up to be heartbroken again. why is this so hard!?
week 4: gratitude. it's finally happening! i've never been this happy in my entire life!
weeks 6-12: deadbeat. i'm trying so hard not to be a deadbeat wife, teacher, friend, etc. but it's just not happening. how is it possible to sleep for 20 hours straight and still be tired? did i just get run over by a truck?
weeks 13-17: heaven. now i believe what everyone says about the second trimester. i think ty appreciates a more stable wife.

right now i'm dying for feb. 3rd to come so we can stop calling the babe "it" and i can start shopping! i'll keep you posted and be putting up photos of my ever growing belly soon.

9 comments:

Miller Family said...

Congratulations Michelle! We still need to meet up for dinner or something. Seriously, Pleasanton is so close to us.

Heath and Gretchen said...

You're back! Congratulations! That's so exciting! You two are going to be awesome parents! I'm so excited to keep tabs and see your little one when he/she finally arrives! :)

Ryan said...

Yea! You're back!

Glad you are feeling good! That good feeling will last so long you'll forget how yucky you felt before.

Don't forget prego PICTURES! :)

Lindsey said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I saw that you had posted and I was so excited that you are blogging again. And then I started reading got a HUGE smile and was like AHHH YAY!!

Congrats you guys! And soo glad you hear you are feeling well and things seem to be going smoothly! I definitely will have to call you and catch up! Oh I'm really so sincerely happy for you guys and can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

I could'nt be happier about you being back, especially when your comming back with such a bang. I am so excited your doing so well. All the things you talked about are exactly how you should be feeling. I miss you so much and am dying to talk to you. Call me soon...when your not so busy. Love you and Congrats!!!

Mikelle said...

Yeah, I'm so happy for you guys! When Susan told me you were prego I had a dream about you that night and I told myself I'm going to call her as soon as I feed these boys breakfast! Well that was a couple of weeks ago and there has still been no phone call! Sorry, I have good intentions but as you will soon know babies are pretty demanding and they become your one and only priority. Cant wait till the 3rd, it's all so exciting...

jenna said...

SO excited for the following reasons: 1. You blogged something. 2. A mini Michelle. I think it's a girl!

Congrats!

Kirby said...

YIPPEE!! A. I am so excited you are back to blogging, not because I am at all good at updated myself but it is fun to see what you guys are up to. and B. Because, duh...we are SO excited for you guys and this new addition to your family. Be sure to keep us posted!! :)

Ben and Camille said...

congratulations!! that's so exciting!! i'm actually 14 weeks so right behind you! (but haven't announced it yet...it's coming) :)