Sunday, May 30, 2010

"The Morley Motel" aka our guest room is now...

officially the nursery! Just a warning...I am all about lots of color, but am not a big fan of pastels. Because of this, it's not you're typical baby room. I just couldnt do a light pink room. It wouldnt be me, so I assumed it wouldnt be fitting for our little girl either. I still have a few projects that I've been saving for my time off work, but for the most part, it's done!

I was lucky enough to have a good friend make this bumper for me. Didnt it turn out cute!? I was so excited when I found this fabric. I also had some help making the skirt. It was officially the first real sewing project that I completed on my sewing machine! Thanks to Brooke and Carole for sharing their talents :)


When I was growing up my mom read us many of Eric Carle's books and her love for his books rubbed off on me. For years I've been planning on making it sort of the theme for my nursery. Of coarse, I had to display the books, but I also tried to re-create his pictures by painting my own.








7 comments:

Shannon and Cameron said...

It turned out super cute! I need to drop your present by this week... I will give you a call and then I can see the nursery too!

Ryan said...

So so so cute! I love it. Let me know if you need help with the changing pad cover :)

MAEH said...

Very cute! I love all the colors and they say babies like bright colors much better than pastels. :)

Grandma Hunter said...

Darling...just like you! The best part is when G'ma & G'pa Morley come for a visit they can also do the 2:00 a.m. feedings!

Anonymous said...

I'm in love. It's so you and so adorable. I'm totally with you on the color thing. I can't wait to meet this sweet baby girl and she will fit in there just perfectly. Good luck and we are sending you all our love.

MaryAnn said...

Ty gave us a tour over video chat last night...SO CUTE!!! I need to come visit so I can see it in person!

Kirby said...

So cute, I love all the color!! I can't wait to see her in there! :)