Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The babysitter and the bird

I have been such a blog slacker lately! Time seems to be going to quickly with each day filled to the brim. Since Saturday, we have been taking care of the Cranny boys, Pace and Trey, while they are out of town. They live in a beautiful house in Ruby Hill, and it has been fun to play house here for the week. The boys are 9 and 15 so it hasnt been too hard to handle. It has been interesting for me to see what it is like to not be completely independent. We have had to adjust our schedules so that at least one of us is here with the boys at all times. Not being able to just go and do whatever I want after school or work has been the hardest thing for me.

Things had been going really well, until last night. We had a little mishap with the pets. They have two cats, two birds, fish and a hermit crab. Quite the pet family. The parents left the boys in charge of taking care of the animals and told us not to even worry about them. So, last night I was helping Trey with his homework and I noticed that there was only one bird in the cage. I waited for Trey go to bed before I freaked out. I found Ty and Pace and we searched for the bird. Ty found it underneath the dining room table, dead! We realized that the cage had not be locked all the way and the cats must have gotten it! Even though it's really kinda of sad, we could not stop laughing! We called their parents and luckily they found it as funny as we did! Since they are Trey's birds and he would be upset, they told us to tell him that we had to take it to the vet to get its shots and he would be back in a couple days. I think that they are going to try to find another one that looks the same and hope he doesnt notice! I cant believe we killed one of their birds! It's like something out of Meet the Parents!

Otherwise, I have had a lot of fun with the boys. They are really good kids. We are here until Friday morning. Yes, over Valentine's Day, but we are celebrating Friday night instead. Hopefully the rest of the week goes a little bit smoother.

4 comments:

ames said...

Michelle, I can't believe it about the bird. I am sure you guys make up for it in being great babysitters. Have you ever heard the story about Daisy the bird from Jer and Kristina how she saved the bird from the toilet. So funny you'll have to ask them about it.

MaryAnn said...

I swear every time I house sit for someone I kill their pet. It is a house sitting curse!

Cody and Britt said...

Hey Michelle!!!! Well I love finding new blogs!! Sounds like you guys are having so much fun! :)

Lindsey said...

Hahaha - that is really funny about the bird! Its sounds like you guys are doing great down there. I must say that rich and I do recommend the TV show LOST. We had never seen it but started about a month ago with the first season and we LOVE it!