
For years I have seen ads for this 2 day walk for breast cancer and have been interested in it. They only take place in major cities so I usually skip over it thinking it would be way too much to travel somewhere to do it. Well, not this year! They do one over the summer in San Francisco! At first, I thought PERFECT! As I looked into it here is what I found: the first day you walk 26.2 miles (yes, an entire marathon!) and then you camp out that night with all of the participants. The next day you get up and walk another 13.1 miles. All the money you raise goes towards helping disadvantaged women get treatment for breast cancer. Sounds great, right? Not exactly..... its only flaw is that it is a Saturday to Sunday! AND they only take participants who can do both days! A part of me wants to justify it and say that its only walking and its for a good cause....what do you think?
Sunday, March 16, 2008
What do you think?
Posted by Michelle and Tyler at Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Yikes! Sounds like pure torture to me. I'm no pioneer though. I think if you would like to do it go for it because it is'nt appealing to me at all. Dont get me wrong it is a good cause!
Go for it! I had the same problem when the Susan Komen Breast Cancer 5k came to Phoenix...it was orginally on a Saturday but then they changed it to Sunday. But it's for an amazingly great cause...I myself am a Breast Disease survivor :)
I know, I have turned down every race because of the Sunday thing... every one in Cali is on a Sunday. Its such a bummer because there are so many great races/walks/etc. around here!!
In the words of my mother to in response to every question I have, "Pray about it!"
It sounds so cool tho! :)
Thats a tought one its a great cause but you might just break a leg or fall off the bridge because its on Sunday. Your choice though!
Michele,
I too have this problem! There are NO half-marathons on Saturdays here. I actually called a race director and asked her why. She said it was because it is very hard to get the police department to close the roads on a Saturday and much easier to do it on a Sunday. It actually made sense but I still don't like it!
Soo, I will travel to find one! My opinion--I personally wouldn't do one on a Sunday but as everyone has said, it is your choice. We will still love you no matter what you choose! :o)
Michelle,
I'm sorry that people just don't come out and tell you what to do. They give you the safe, political type of answer, which leaves you in the same predicament that you were in before.
I know how strong you and Tyler are in the church and doing something for a good cause on Sunday shouldn't bother you. Look at what Christ did on the Sabbath and the Jews persecuted him for helping people on that sacred day.
By the way, this may be my only comment and I can't believe I'm blogging!
Hey Shellie! It sounds like you a Ty are doing great! That is a bummer that you can't find a good race to be in that isn't on sunday! I know its a good cause and every person is different and I totally agree that doing something good on Sunday shouldn't bother you, but I think there are lots of other ways to help raise money for breast cancer that don't involve races on sundays. Thats just my take on it. When will we get to see you guys next???
Michelle,
I just wanted to say hi! Also, I when I was reading the first part of your post I was thinking I would totally do it. What an experience! Than when I continued on reading and saw that it took place on Sat. and Sun. I thought what a bummer. Good Luck with your decision!
It was fun seeing you guys last weekend. We will have to plan a trip to San Fran, soon!!
Oh we just went private, but email your address and I will add you to our blog! elisewelling at gmail dot com
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Lets me honest....really, there is no justification for running a race on a sunday even if it is for a good cause. Don't try to justify it and just do it.
Post a Comment