Saturday, February 21, 2009

Catching up

In the past two months we have made a point of getting the most out of our weekends. I finally uploaded the pictures from our weekend trips and wanted to share. Last weekend Ty and I stayed in the city on Sunday night to celebrate Valentine's Day. I wish we could have stayed the entire weekend! Pretty much everytime we go into the city we make sure to go up in The Westin's elevator to check out the view. This time, we actually stayed there! It was amazing! We were obessed with the view from our room and took so many pictures. It was pouring most of the time we were there, but it only added to the fun! We strolled around Union Square and shopped in the rain, ate lots of good food and tried to relax as much as possible. It was just what we both needed!







A couple weekends before we flew out to Salt Lake for the weekend to hang out with family and get some good snowboarding in. The snow was amazing and so was the weather! We could not have asked for better conditions! My little bro flew up from Phoenix and met us there. I loved having him there with us! I have to take advantage of every oppertunity I can get to see that kid. We had such a good time together, as always. It was also so fun to hang out with the Morley's! They were so nice and totally took care of us while we were there. Although we are sad that they dont live near us anymore, we quickly learned that there are some perks of having them in Utah! I wish I got a picture with them! Maybe next time...


It worked out that the weekend that we could come was also my nephew's 2nd birthday! It seems like I am never in town for these events and I'm so glad we could come to Gaven's party! He and Gage were so cute openning all the presents and eating cake! Thanks Britt for letting us be a part of it!



Another good part about this trip was that I got to see my long lost friend, Mikelle and her son Deakon! I'm so mad that we didnt take a picture so I cant properly document it! They live in Boise, and happened to be in Bountiful the same weekend! It was great to see her and meet her little boy! Needless to say, we had a packed, but very fun weekend!

The weekend before that, me and my fellow cheer coaches took the cheerleaders down to LA for a competition. Both the advanced and novice teams took first! Wahoo! The girls have worked really hard and it was a great reward. Plus, we got to spend the next day at Disneyland! Kiera, one of the coaches, had just had ankle surgery and so she had to rent a motorized cart in order to get around. It was awesome! We got to go to the front of the line in pretty much every ride! It was so funny to watch her weave her way through the crowd in that thing, and we fit in a lot of rides in that one day!




Good times...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the great cheer competitions. That is awesome that they took first place. I bet you wiped your brow after the routine.
I am glad you got to visit the fam, but sad we didn't get to see you while you were in town. Maybe someday...

Lindsey said...

sounds like several really fun weekends! WE definately need to catch up! Congrats on the cheer competition!

Mikelle said...

Every time I look at your blog I realize how boring my life is. You are doing so much memorable stuff right now. I'm so happy for you guys livin it up before babies come along. It was great to see you, I love friends that you can pick right back up with even if you arent very good at keeping in contact! My bad, but really I love you guys lets not wait another 2 years before we get together again!!

Mikelle said...

p.s. When I come to visit I want to stay at "The Westin's" too.