Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weekly Highlights

Following my new tradition here are my weekly highlights for last week:

1. Cheer practice started. I realized that I do really love coaching cheer. This year, I'm going to have a better attitude about it. Instead of being sad that it keeps me from having more free time, I am going to be glad that I have somthing constructive to do in my free time! It's going to be a good squad and a good year!

2. A visit with baby Weston along with his proud parents, Shannon and Cameron. It was so fun to see their beautiful little newborn! They even let me hold him (which was a risky move as I'm not a good baby person.) Everyone is happy and healthy and it was so good to see them!

3. I got to talk to my little sister, Lauren in Uganda! Pretty much everyday I dial her number and realize that she isnt just a state away, she is half of the world away and I cant just call her! So, I finally was able to set up a time to talk to her. It was really late her time and we talked until she fell asleep on me! She is working so hard and she must have been exhausted! It was pretty funny!

4. An attempt to make Monster cookies. If you havnt had them, you need to try them because they are the BEST cookies! I dont know what I did wrong, but they were super flat! and I'm still getting used to my gas oven and so I totally burned the bottom of every batch. I ended up eating a large portion of the dough and at least that was worth it!

3 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Of course you are a baby person... and thank you for coming to visit. It made our day!! And what are these monster cookies?? I might need the recipe!

Kim Morley said...

monster cookies?

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

I bet you are the best cheer coach ever! I'm sure those girls love you. And I want you to know you inspired me. I'm making monster cookies tonight!!
We miss you guys!