Monday, June 7, 2010

Marathon Date

We were realizing that our free weekends are very limited at this point and that we need to take advantage of the time that we have before the baby comes. Ty planned an adventurous date for us in the city. It was seriously a marathon date, but so much fun! Here's how it went...

We took BART into the city

We went enjoyed some shopping and brunch at the Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market

We went to the Peter Pan 360 play. I wasn't sure what this would be like, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was a great show! If you havnt heard of it, it's a play that is in town right now and is put on in a huge tent. They project the background scenery on the ceiling of the tent and have the characters flying around on trapezes. It was unlike any other play I have been to. Props to Tyler for talking me into it :)

Then we climbed the hill to the Coit Tower. Yes, I said we. At 36 weeks pregnant, I climbed the 397 stairs (yes, I counted) and of coarse the hill that lead up to the stairs. I did have to take a few breaks, but I was proud that I made it! The view was certainly worth it.

And what would a trip to the city be without stopping by Cafe Prague? Tyler served his mission in Prague and loves this little restaurant where he can practice his Czech. We didn't actually have dinner here (Czech food=not what I would willfully choose to eat), but we had dinner at a cute little Italian place in the North Beach area. There's nothing like authentic margarita pizza and bruschetta (would have got a picture, but we devoured it too fast!)
We both just about passed out on BART on the way home. It was a long day, but a memorable one. I love my adventurous husband.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I'm very impressed by my creative brother! So fun!

Ryan said...

And that baby didn't just come crawling out after all of those stairs? What a fun day - good for you for squeezing in those 'lasts'... Good job Ty!

ames said...

How fun! Keep it up all that walking and stair climbing and that baby will pop out.