A few weeks ago it occurred to me that I had not been away from Adelle for more than about 3 hours! Well, I guess I've gone out once she's in bed, but it still hasn't been for much longer than that. I've pretty much been on Addie duty for 8 straight months. (Not that I'm complaining, I could have had a babysitter if I'd wanted to…I'm too attached to this little one.) Anyhoo, it was time for a day off!
Last weekend I had to go to Antioc for the day for a Turbo Kickboxing training. (Btw, if you haven't tried turbo kickboxing yet, you're totally missing out! It's not just any old cardio kickboxing class. It's been one of my favorite group X classes for years now and I cant wait to teach it!) I was gone from 8am-6pm! Weird to be away that long! It was nice in the way that it reminded me that I can exist as an individual person without a baby on my hip :)
The best part was that I had to pump on our lunch break. I figured the locker room would be an appropriate place to pump, but there were 3 plugs in the entire place! (not the nicest gym I've ever been to…) My choices were at the sink or at the hair drying/make-up counter. So, I stood in front of the mirror and pumped while sharing a plug with a lady drying her hair. The lady even asked me if she could see how it worked because she had never pumped before! Let's just say it was a day of firsts thats for sure!


4 comments:
Hahahah....oh goodness, I have TOTALLY been there! Good for you that you're still nursing Adelle, it's not an easy task! Miss you all! XOXO
haha that's hilarious. i had to pump during my sister's wedding luncheon in the bathroom. and someone had left a stinky one before i came in. now that wasn't fun!
I want to try that class! You need to come visit and go to Bootcamp with me. You would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! We use kettle bells, work on ropes, do tabata drills and turkish getups etc etc. With lots of running stairs thrown in for fun! I seriously think you would love every minute!
That story of pumping is so funny! I wish I could see Adelle!
turbo's the best! it's so fun to teach it too!!
Post a Comment