
Ty and I just got an email with our race photos from the National Half Marathon we ran this weekend. Pretty much all of mine look like this! I love running races for the adrenaline rush. There's nothing like it! There were so many people cheering us on along the streets of DC. I think I looked like this for most of the race. I couldn't help but cheer back at them and get so excited every time we ran by another monument or historical building! Ty and I even stopped (literally 1-2 second stops) to take quick phone pics throughout the race. (Yes, I have my iphone in my hand. I forgot my armband so I ended up carrying it the entire 13.1 miles. It got a little sweaty…gross)
I don't think I've had this much fun running any other race and here's why…
1- awesome location
2- perfect distance (not too long, not too short)
3- running it with 3 of my bestest friends - Ty, Lynn and Jake
4- setting a new PR and crossing the finish line hand-in-hand with Ty (our official time was 2:03! I wanted to make it in less than 2 hours, but considering we stopped for pictures and it was actually 4 am our time, I'm pretty happy with it :))
Jake and Lynn, thanks for a great weekend! We cant get enough of the Halladeezymacs and we miss you already!



3 comments:
Love the pictures! And you're awesome!
You look great in your race pictures. You look like you are having fun! I never look good in my race pictures. I look like i'm about to die. Great job on the race!
You guys rocked that race like crazy! Jake and I are still talking about it!
We miss you so much!!! We need you guys to find a race in San Fran and then it will be our turn to get punk'd by the time change, traveling across the country, sleepless kids, etc. (hopefully we'd set a PR, like you guys did:!!)
Thanks for making that one of my favorite weekends!! And that little Adelle did not disapoint, she was crazy adorable, I'd loved spending time with her and having our kids play... like they will for years to come!!!
Post a Comment